Wednesday, December 14, 2011

St George TAFE 2011 Fashion Parade.



This year, being backstage of the St George School of Fashion Parade, has been the most stressful, fast-paced & craziest of all the parades I've ever walked in. Yet I loved EVERY minute of it. The parade showcased many designs of the students from St George TAFE, ranging from first year students to those finishing their courses. 
I'm so glad for the many great reviews the show had particularly from my newly engaged friend, Naomi of Style Bungalow. To read her post on the parade, click here.
First in the show was the swimsuit section with gorgeous crochet, frilly & floral swimsuits; following pieces from ELLEQUE, NORTH & Twentyseven4. It had me extremely excited about it being summer...
All through the show I walked in many pieces & stunning outfits but I especially loved walking in Akita Sanchez's tailored outfit & had many people offering to buy it off her!
My absoloute favourite dress of the night was by Johnny Schembri of By Johnny. Before designing one-off frock for celebrities, he had studied fashion design at St George TAFE & it was amazing to close his section of the show & walk off hand-in-hand. One day I aspire to own a few of his pieces.
Lastly, I was extremely honoured to close the entire show in Hayley Watkins' of Twentyseven4's couture gown.
{photos by Olly Boston & St George Tafe School of Fashion}

Also check out the video...


No comments:

Post a Comment