Monday, October 17, 2011

Marking Day. 2011

Last Friday I had the opportunity to model for TAFE students, Carli Miller & Lauren Kennedy. As I have also previously studied at St George Fashion School, I was able to catch with a few friends & teachers I hadn't seen in a while.
As I sat in the chair to get my make-up done, I enjoyed watching the hall fill up with amazing designers' pieces & marvelled at the fact that their collections were all extremely different.
I went from wearing a tight printed grungy sheer dress, with amazing cut-out boots to a bright purple suit with cut-outs at the knees & elbows, with a gorgeous hand-made beaded singlet. It was definately a head turner & I soon became known as 'the girl in the purple suit'.
I also caught up with Chelle Carter (who has also taken these photos) & Hayley Watkins (the designer I modeled for last week). I laughed so much when I saw that she had spray painted half her models' hair hot pink to create the same effect as the photo-shoot last week; I love it!
I would actually wear these pieces somewhere crazy & I guess that's the point. Designers want their pieces to be wearable, whether they're a beach bum or a rockstar; & on Friday they definately achieved that.

 {photos by Chelle Carter}


No comments:

Post a Comment